Friday 24 May 2013

Month 6 March 2013

MASSIVE improvements for this month. Im getting excited. Energy levels are up, skin is clear to the point it looks fairly normal. The feel of my skin though is very waxy and papery. I bath once only as soon as I get up and cream up in the late evening before bed. Sweating is gone. Nerve pain is gone. I woke up one morning and it was gone. TSW is weird that way. One day you're suffering, the next you're not. My skin still feels sensitive against clothes and sheets still though. A feeling I cant explain and only TSW suffers would understand. Sleep patterns are still over the place. Some nights are good, some are not. I still have the itch attack in the middle of the night. But its not for hours on end like it used to be. A quick scratch then back to sleep. And this is not every night, just some.






As you can see with my photos, a huge difference. No redness, skin is pretty white. I'm not completely healed but again on my way. I still have elephant skin on the back of the knees and back area but it's improving. My pain in the bum thing this month is HIVES! My skin seems to be ultra sensitive. On most of the forums, people seem to think having hives means you're on your way out. So I'm hoping I'm nearly there. 

I can get out and about for most of the day now and not have to rush home and have a bath too. Loving this and making the most of it. Making up for lost time. Can't wait till I can go out at night time. It will be like turning 18 again lol. 

Oh and I finally went and had the hair cut off too. I've had long hair for a very long time and it was pretty hard to be forced to have it cut off. But the end result made me feel so good. It looked thicker and healthier. So those who are loosing your hair. Don't worry it will grow back and think of it as a NEW BEGINNING!! 




Pretty happy with the way it looks. And as you can see I have some deep lines on my forehead, eye area and chin (if that comes up). That's from scratching and it's called lichenification. It will go back to normal with time. So try not to scratch so hard like I did and it shouldn't happen. Use an ice packs to ease the itch xoxo


6 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures! I am getting hives much more frequently now. HOw come they believe that when you are getting hives you are on the way out? Anyhow, you are healing wonderfully! Good for you girlie!

    asteroidfreelife.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there !!

      Thanks for reading. I'm not sure. I have read it on the forum and facebook. I'm sure Joey Brown said that was one of the last symptoms you'd get and for me she was right. I'm clear. They come on so fast but go even quicker..What do you put on yours. I use pure Aloe Vera gel, it does wonders xox

      Delete
  2. What would you say was the hardest month? I am in month 2 and the thick red hot swelling has gone done immensely but I am covered in excema. Both arms, shoulders chest neck back and part of my face are covered. I was wondering what was hardest for you the initial month or does it get harder? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there..I would say months 1 through to month 6. It got worse before getting better.. It was so painful to walk basically just move anywhere..But from then on the skin became whiter, softer and clearer every day. I was like a snake, shedding skin and you could see the new skin appear, it was amazing. The itch was there for a long time and I still itch a little now but I look completely normal for anyone else to look at.. I haven't had a bath for a month now but shower every day. So to me I think Im around 95% healed. What you're covered in is more than likely not ezcema its the body fighting your body back..it will go through stages and one day you will wake up and think it was all a horrible dream. Do anything to make yourself comfortable, but steer clear of anything with steroids. It will take time for your adrenals to get back to normal and for your whole body to get used to not having that drug all the time. I now so happy I went through this as I would have been extremely ill now if I didn't find out about it. If you need any help at all with anything, drop me an email. Are you a member of the facbook support page? hugs

      Delete
  3. Were you using the steroid cream over most of your body? Did you have eczema all over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was eventually as thats what I was told to do until I found out what was going on. The rash spread to most of my body. The creams were making it spread and by the end I was applying it to just about every inch of my body. Are you going through TSW? xo

      Delete